Thursday, February 21, 2013

Inspired By... #63

Welcome to another Inspired By challenge.  This photo really spoke to me:

How will this inspire you?  school theme, office theme, colors, books, flowers, coffee mug...

For once I didn't go with the colors ;)  I totally love the stacked/layered/casual feeling of the image and I decided to create a little photo holder for my desk.  I used the new  Basics line by Pebbles.  I LOVE the Basics - I am all over ledger, chevron and polka dots lately.  I love pink and my favorite shade is Baby Pink but I wanted it to 'grow up' a bit so I added, gray, black and honey and I am so happy with how this project turned out!  I have it sitting on my desk and it just makes me happy.  I purchased the giant clothespin in a clearance bin at Michael's for $1 and yes I have had it for awhile and yes I am kicking myself for not getting more.  To dress up the clothespin I used a few Lania Lamb stamp sets and die from My Favorite Things, a Technique Tuesday stamp, a Unity Stamp, some Twinery Twine and a button from A Flair for Buttons.





Can't wait to see what you do!

Rules for Playing:

Create a NEW project for this challenge.
Be sure to link your blog with a direct link to the post you would like me to visit.
Please put a link on your post to this challenge.
Create a project with no more than 5 challenges including this challenge.
Feel free to use any crafting products you have!




5 comments:

Natalie said...

Fun inspiration card! So many possibilities.

Natalie said...

oops! I meant fun inspiration photo! Your giant clothespin is too fun, love it!! I have one of those somewhere.....????

karen h said...

Your photo holder is amazing! I love the colors and total free-feeling of it.

Marlena M. said...

I love the sentiment and fun elements on your project, Laurel! Fantastic inspiration~

Rose said...

love your large clothespin with all the goodies :)